Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191)
The Department of Home Affairs will commence the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191) from November 2022. This visa will be a new permanent visa for eligible visa holders. The 191 visa will be valid for five years and the visa holders can live, study and work in Australia. Additionally, eligible family members can be included in the application. Conditions will be imposed which will enforce the government’s intentions that visa holders live, work and study only in regional areas (condition 8579) and if employer sponsored, only in the nominated position.
What are the requirements of the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa?
- You must have held a regional provisional visa either the Subclass 494 or 491 for at least three years;
- Your earnings must have met the minimum income threshold for at least three years;
- In addition, you must be have complied with the condition of the regional provisional visa
What are the benefits of the 191 visa?
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any member of your family unit who has also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
How we can help you?
Better Life Migration can help you navigate the complex legal maze to obtain a business visa. Our migration team has the expertise and experience to deliver complete immigration solutions.